Monday, December 12, 2016

The Well-Read Redhead's Best Books of 2016!

It is time to announce...

The Well-Read Redhead's Best Books of 2016!

As I always disclaim with this list: you may be surprised by some of my choices...and some of my non-choices.  There are books on here that, in my initial review, I enjoyed but maybe wasn't completely gushing over.  And there are books not on the list that I mentioned as potential favorites when I wrote my reviews.  But at the end of the year, when I make this list, I go by what's really stuck with me--after months have passed, what are the books that are still leaving an impression?  Still giving me something to think about?


I am fully aware that I have not been the best blogger lately, but I just love making my end-of-the-year best-books list, so I had to throw in my two cents before 2017 rolls around!

As in past years, this list is in no particular order:


1. Before the Fall by Noah Hawley


I lied, this part of the list is definitely in a particular order, because this was absolutely the best book I read all year.

2. What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty


Many would write this off as "chick lit", but I found it very thought-provoking.

3. Bull Mountain by Brian Panowich


Villians and intrigue and spectacular writing.

4. Alice & Oliver by Charles Bock


ALL THE SADNESS.  But I loved it anyway.

5. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes


More sadness!  Like seriously, so much sadness.  But SO SO GOOD.  Can't wait to see the movie and cry my eyes out.

6. Run the World by Becky Wade


I read a lot of running books this year, but this is the one that stuck with me the most.  I love Wade's fresh perspective and diverse discussion of the world of running.

7. Everyone Brave is Forgiven by Chris Cleave


In a literary world full of WWII stories (not to be trite, but that's true), this one is a stand out.  The dialogue alone is reason to pick it up.

8. Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult


What would my best-of list be without the latest Picoult release?  Pointless, that's what.  But seriously, this has to be the most immediately socially relevant book she has ever written.

9. Commonwealth by Ann Patchett


This book reminded me why I really, really need to read more Ann Patchett.

10. Do Your Om Thing by Rebecca Pacheco


As an amateur yogi, my perspective of the practice was completely changed by this book (for the better!).  I learned so much from it, and I know I will refer to it for years to come.

That's a wrap!  What made YOUR best-read list for 2016?

21 comments:

  1. So glad to see Do Your Om Thing on your list. I've been meaning to read it to get me back into a consistent yoga practice. Sounds like i should get to it right away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh loving this list! 1, 2 and 7 are all books I've thought about reading - so on my reading list they go :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read quite a few of these books and yes, I'm in agreement! I haven't read Do Your Om Thing and I'm adding it to my to read list as we speak!

    Loved Bull Mountain. Holy moley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Small Great Things may be my 1st book of 2017, still considering. I agree with Me Before You, so good. And I have Do your Om thing on my TRB list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on Ann Patchett. I'm hoping to read her essay collection/memoir over the holidays. And I also agree with making this list based on what has stuck with you...I will probably move some books I gave 4 stars to at the time up to my Best of 2016 list b/c I'm still talking about them and have recommended them to so many people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the diversity on your list! Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Run the World was such an eye opener! Happy to see it on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know Liane Moriarty's more recent books (Big Little Lies and Truly Madly Deeply) have been getting attention, so it's nice to see one of her earlier ones on your list! Of the Liane Moriarty books I've read so far, What Alice Forgot is my favourite. I just love the humour there, and 26-year-old Alice's voice is so relatable and charming <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing these books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are many simple best essay factors that are considered when choosing the appropriate topics for essay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I truly appreciated this gorgeous blog. Make sure you keep up the good work. Best Regards . resulttimes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Article writing services provide a powerful tool for developing unique and relevant content. They can also be used to place links that increases traffic to a website. The search engines also use the content on the website to determine its SEO ranking. It article reword tool therefore a good idea to make use of articles so as to generate for leads and sales. There are many professional article writing companies on the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's nothing secret about the article writing services industry - it costs nothing to start and it's easy to make money doing it. In fact, one of the most difficult challenges facing writers today is the already overcrowded state of the market. word rephrase, experienced writers understand that an established marketplace is often the most profitable one

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. recommended books to read

    ReplyDelete
  15. It seems that everyone and their mothers are posting videos on YouTube these days. Because of this, the competition for getting viewers and subscribers to your channel is extremely fierce and most videos get little to no hits at all. If you need some helpful tips to help you get more YouTube views, this article can help. There are many different factors which will ultimately affect the number of viewers and subscribers you attract. Some of these include the quality of your content, how you label your content, and how you market it. Get these 3 things right and you will get hits. buy youtube views

    ReplyDelete
  16. As I always disclaim with this list you may be surprised by some of my choices and some of my non-choices.

    There are books on here that in my initial review I enjoyed but maybe wasn't completely gushing over.

    And there are books not on the list that I mentioned as potential favorites when I wrote my reviews.

    But at the end of the year when I make this list I go by what's really stuck with me after months have passed what are the books that are still leaving an impression?

    I am fully aware that I have not been the best blogger lately but I just love making my end-of-the-year best-books list,so I had to throw in my two cents before 2017 rolls around.

    custom bottled water

    ReplyDelete
  17. As I always disclaim with this list you may be surprised by some of my choices and some of my non-choices.

    There are books on here that, in my initial review, I enjoyed but maybe wasn't completely gushing over.

    And there are books not on the list that I mentioned as potential favorites when I wrote my reviews.

    But at the end of the year when I make this list I go by what s really stuck with me after months have passed what are the books that are still leaving an impression.

    custom bottled water

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have worked pleasantly with your bits of knowledge that makes our work simple. The data you have given is truly real and huge for us. Continue to share these kinds of article, Thank you.best books for early readers Uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. One of these is my favorite book. I'm looking forward to reading all of these books. Thank you for sharing. Rigid Industries

    ReplyDelete
  21. Relationship counseling offers tools to foster empathy, active listening, and mutual respect, promoting deeper emotional connection. Therapists assist couples in setting realistic goals and working collaboratively towards building a fulfilling partnership. Counselor for Relationships

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs